Expectations & What We Don’t Do
The following is a partial publishing of our Terms of Service outlining what we don’t do, expected condition of the home, etc… Please review our full Terms of Service
before booking service.
- The Maid Crew personnel do not clean homes where there is an active infestation (toxic mold, fleas, bedbugs, etc), nor do they clean up human or animal biohazards (excrement, blood, vomit, cat-litter). Electricity, running water, functional plumbing and a means by which to access the property need to be available to the crew upon their arrival. The Maid Crew reserves the right to cancel the cleaning and refuse service should the property be deemed a health or safety hazard. Additionally, The Maid Crew personnel will not clean or remain on-site while there is active construction or renovation work taking place within the home or apartment. Should The Maid Crew arrive and then subsequently depart due any one of the aforementioned issues, the client will be required to pay for the crew’s time, from the point of arrival until the point of departure at a rate of $50 per cleaner per hour ($75 minimum), regardless of whether the client’s cleaning was started or completed. Additionally, there is a $75 fee for all Lock-Outs, Late-Cancellations or Reschedules submitted within 48 hours of our estimated arrival time (this includes the morning/day of service).
- The Maid Crew personnel do not haul away, place out by the curb/dumpster or dispose of unwanted belongings, boxes, garbage or junk built up due to neglect/hoarding or left behind after a move. We provide cleaning services… we do not provide furniture, debris or junk removal services.
- The Maid Crew does NOT provide or offer:
- Carpet, Drapery or Upholstery Cleaning
- Debris/Trash/Junk Removal Services
- Wiping down or DeScuffing of Walls
- Paint Scraping or Clean-up Services
- Floor Grout Scrubbing/Restoration
- Stripping or Waxing of Floors
- Hand washing of Dishes
- Laundry Services
- Chandelier Cleaning
- Polishing of Silverware
- DeHoarding / DeCluttering
- BioHazard / BioWaste Clean-Up
- Nicotine, Fire or Water Restoration
- Fireplace soot/ash clean-up or removal.
- Due to the potential damage to or contamination of our vacuum(s)….. carpets and/or rugs will NOT be vacuumed in the event they contain: a large amount of paperclips, tacs, staples, nails, screws, broken glass, tiny little lego or barbie doll pieces… or fleas, bedbugs, feces, human/animal bodily fluids, etc. etc.
- The Maid Crew personnel do not move or slide out appliances in order to clean underneath or behind. Attempting to do so could result in scratched or damaged flooring or in the accidental disconnection of electrical, water or gas lines. If cleaning is needed behind or under a stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, washer or dryer, either the Client or Maintenance personnel will need to be on-site to pull the appliances out & push/slide them back into place.
- Due to safety concerns and insurance restrictions, The Maid Crew personnel only make use of 1 – 2 level step stools when needed. They do not bring nor make use of ladders either outside or inside the home even if the customer provides. They also do not climb or stand on top of counters to hand-wipe the top of cabinets or crown molding.
- The Maid Crew personnel do not clean-up or scrape paint off windows, floors or countertops. Any paint clean-up or scraping will need to be attended to by the painters upon completion of their work and prior to The Maid Crew’s arrival. Additionally, our Crews/Cleaners do not act as “maintenance personnel” swapping burned-out light bulbs, removing or replacing bathroom or light fixtures, etc.
- IMPORTANT: If you’re moving out of a rental, be advised that making use of a professional cleaning service does not guarantee the return of a rental deposit. Additionally, The Maid Crew will only remain accountable to the individual paying for the service – which is YOU. Should someone other than YOU (such as the property owner, manager or real estate agent) decide that the scope of cleaning that you requested & paid for does not meet their standards, you & that other individual will have to work it out. IF we are asked to return to provide extra detail or services, it will likely result in additional costs due to the additional time & labor.