At The Maid Crew, your trust & confidence is of utmost importance. Although each Maid Crew employee is trained to exercise the utmost care and caution when cleaning, accidents do occur from time to time. When damage/breakage occurs, employees are instructed to fill out an “Accident Report” after which point someone from our management staff will contact you. (Carbon copies of paper-based accident reports are left on the customer’s counter or table. If filled out digitally, the customer will get a copy of Accident Report emailed to their primary email address on file with The Maid Crew. Please check spam/junk mail folders if you’ve been texted about a breakage or damage but cannot locate the report in your inbox).
- If you believe that someone from The Maid Crew has broken or damaged something in your home EVEN THOUGH there was no Accident Report provided by the Crew, you must file an official Claims Form within 10 days of discovery or disclosure to a member of The Maid Crew’s management/office staff. Claims submitted outside the filing deadlines will not be eligible for consideration. (FYI – Unless otherwise directed, Client is not typically required to file a claims form in the event a Maid Crew employee already filled out an accident report. If a claims form is needed IN ADDITION to the Crew’s Accident Report, the client will be so advised.)
- DEADLINE / STATUTE OF LIMITATION: The process of determining valuations and resolving repairs or restitution must be finalized within six (6) weeks of the date of breakage or damage as indicated on the Accident Report filed by the Crew or the Claims form submitted by the Client, whichever came first. Accident Reports or Claims remaining open or unresolved six weeks beyond original filing date will result in a Client’s forfeiture of any and all Reimbursement, Replacement, Restitution and/or Repair Costs.
- PLEASE BE AWARE: There are times when breakages occur due to “booby trapped” conditions. These are accidental breakages waiting to happen. Examples would be: wall-mounted pictures not fastened or hung securely, top-heavy items with unstable bases, wobbly objects and/or previously damaged or fragile items. In light of such circumstances, The Maid Crew cannot take responsibility for accidents resulting from “booby trapped” conditions.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED: Claims will be resolved based on the findings and determinations of the claims investigation. Proof of damage at the hand of a Maid Crew employee is required, verified in part through an employee’s confession and/or by means of an accident report filed by the Crew Leader. Proof of original value of the damaged item is also required. If damage/breakage occurs as a result of something outside the crew’s or employee’s control (booby trapped conditions) or the Crew Leader and/or employee refute a client’s claim of damage/breakage, client will most likely not qualify for reimbursement.
- The Maid Crew does not guarantee replacement or reimbursement for 100% of the original cost of any damaged items. As with any insurance claim, the fair market value of the item(s) will be determined based on the date of purchase, the date of breakage/damage and original cost of the item (proof required).
- VERY IMPORTANT — PLEASE NOTE: Antiques, irreplaceable one-of-a-kind and hard-to-find items are not covered by our Insurance Carrier’s breakage and loss policy (which means that in the event of damage/breakage, the cost of repair/replacement IS NOT COVERED OR REIMBURSABLE). Items of extreme value (monetary or sentimental) should be cleaned by the customer and/or moved to a safe location on the day of the cleaning.
Once your claim has been filed, please inform The Maid Crew’s management staff of any updates or changes. Additionally, please refrain from incurring any repair or replacement costs until the claims investigation has been completed and a determination made as to reimbursement value(s).
- AND FINALLY… BUT MOST NOTABLE…. Most claims do not require the involvement of our insurance carrier since most do not reach or exceed the deductible threshold. With that said, almost all claims are resolved in the following manner: Since the client is the one most familiar with the item/object and where to purchase or how to best effect repairs, The Maid Crew asks that the client oversee the repair or replacement process. This would include fronting all cost and dealing with any third party repair professionals. (The Maid Crew doesn’t want to inject itself into the relationship between the client & the repair professional in the event repair work ends up being defective or poor quality. Any issues or concerns with repairs should remain between the client & their repair provider.) Once repair or replacement costs have been tallied as evidenced through receipts, The Maid Crew will take that cost, add some additional for the client’s time & effort spent in overseeing everything, and then provide the client with an account credit applicable toward future service.