TERMS of SERVICE
Your use of this website and The Maid Crew’s services/personnel is governed by the terms and conditions set forth below. Please read them carefully. By using this web site for personal use or to book cleanings from The Maid Crew, you agree to comply with, and to be bound by, these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not book services nor use this web site and should exit from it now. The Maid Crew reserves the right to change this web site and these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice to you.
Gift Card Terms & Conditions
- Activation & Refunds:
- For internet purchases, a 3-Day hold on Gift Card Redemption/Scheduling is required to allow for the transfer & final depositing of funds from your financial institution. You may, during this time, cancel your Gift Card purchase and request a full refund by calling our office directly, however, be advised… after three (3) days from the date of purchase all sales become final and your Gift Card becomes active, non-refundable & subject to scheduling availability.
- For physical Gift Cards purchased at 3rd party retailers, redemption is available immediately following your purchase (scheduling, however, is still subject to availability). Physical Gift Cards may only be used after first removing the scratch off on the back of the card in order to reveal the redemption code. If any part of the scratch off has been removed, your Gift Card becomes non-refundable. For cards who’s scratch off remains intact, refund eligibility is determined by the merchant.
- Prior to purchasing Gift Cards through The Maid Crew’s website, buyers are afforded an opportunity to ensure the recipient of the gift is actually within our current service area. As such, refunds requested AFTER the three day post-purchase waiting period will not be honored even if there is the claim that the gift recipient is outside of our service area.
- Redemption Codes & Transfers:
- Gift Card tracking & redemption is tied to a ONE-TIME USE ONLY redemption code. To redeem a Gift Card, redemption code must be entered or applied during booking/scheduling either by the client directly through our booking-portal or by one of our staff while the client is on the phone. Once a Gift Card’s redemption code has been entered/utilized, the code is no longer valid and card’s value and balance remains tied to the person who redeemed it.
- Gift Card holders/recipients may transfer ownership of a Gift Card so long as the Gift Card’s redemption code has not yet been used. No portion of a Gift Card’s value or balance may be transferred to another once redemption code as been used.
- Redemption: There are two classes of Gift Cards issued by The Maid Crew: Discounted & Non-Discounted. Each have specific redemption guidelines.
- Discounted Gift Cards: Purchased either directly through our website during a special promotion such as Black-Friday, or through select third party retailers. Due to the fact that they already provide for a built-in discount on services, Gift Cards purchased at a discount may not then be combined with additional promotional or discount incentives… such as a “New Client Promo” or for already discounted recurring services. Discounted Gift Cards may only be used to pay down the cost of services rendered at The Maid Crew’s full (non-discounted) rate at the time of redemption. Additionally, only one (1) discounted Gift Card may be used per cleaning.
- Non-Discounted Gift Cards: Purchased primarily through The Maid Crew’s own website outside of a promotion, Non-Discounted Gift Cards are treated like cash and can be combined with promotional or discount incentives. They may also be used either in whole to pay for the cost of a single cleaning or used in part to pay down the cost of multiple cleanings of the same home set up on a recurring service schedule.
- Value & Expiration: The face value of a Gift Card (the dollar amount shown on the gift card) will remain valid until the expiration date which is equal to two (2) full years from the date of purchase as listed on the Gift Card email copy (for internet purchases) or UNTIL the month/year expiration date indicated on the back of the actual gift card (physical Gift Cards purchased through 3rd party retailers.)
- Balances & Unused Portions: Upon initial use or activation of a Gift Card, holder will have up to one (1) year to burn through any unused portion which will remain in the card holder’s account as a credit. Account inactivity of 12 months or more will result in a forfeiture of positive account balances or available credits.
- Late Cancellations & Lock-Outs: Gift Cards are subject to balance reductions due to fees incurred as a result of late-cancellations or lock-outs experienced by the Crew on the day of service. Such fees are outlined below in our General Service Terms regarding Late Cancellations & Lock-outs.
General Service Terms
↡ ↡ THESE FIRST THREE (3) ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT! ↡ ↡
✪ Deadlines for Cancellations & Reschedules:
Once your appointment for service has been solidified on our schedule, we set that space aside specifically FOR YOU. We also reserve the necessary man-power to attend to your cleaning, while turning other business and potential clients away. Should you need to either cancel or reschedule a particular cleaning, we require ADVANCE NOTICE by 12 noon, one business day prior to your appointment.
✪ Late Cancellations & Rescheduling Fee:
Clients failing to provide The Maid Crew with advance notice of cancellation or rescheduling by 12 noon, one business day prior to their appointment will have their account assessed an $50 late cancellation or rescheduling fee and charged to their credit card on file.
✪ Lock-Outs, Re-Routes & Wait Time:
If our Crew is either turned away at your door or simply unable to gain access to your home upon their arrival, an attempt will be made to contact you for assistance. If you cannot be reached or you refuse service, the Crew will be instructed to cancel the cleaning & move on to their next account. Such a scenario shall be viewed as a “Lock-Out”. All Lock-Outs are treated as late cancellations and will result in a fee of $50 automatically billed to your account & charged to your credit card on file.
Due to logistical challenges arising out of potential manpower shortages, traffic conditions or issues encountered when servicing other clients (such as lock-outs or extra, last minute service requests), The Maid Crew can only provide arrival windows of about 3 hours. Whether we arrive sooner or later than your preferred arrival time, you will still be expected to maintain your appointment for service.
Rate Changes and Additional Charges
The Maid Crew reserves the right to amend its rates at any time to allow for business related cost increases. Additional charges may be necessary for the extra maid-hours typically required for initial cleanings, post-party cleaning, renovation cleanup, “picking-up” prior to actually cleaning, extended intervals between cleanings, additional service requests and/or the addition of pets, children, or roommates. Recurring Clients will be provided with a 14 day advanced notice of any permanent rate change affecting their account.
Payment Policy and Methods
Payment is due at the time of service. Reservations for service must be secured by means of credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). As protection against fraud, a $50 pre-authorization shall be required for all 1x/Seasonal/Initial cleanings in order to verify the card number’s validity and minimum availability of funds. The option to pay in cash is only available for fixed-priced services and must be rendered upon our arrival prior to the commencement of services. Payment by check is only available to established clientele. Whether paying by cash or check, a credit card details shall still be required to serve as a back-up method of payment. Clients failing to provide payment by either cash or check shall have the cost of their service, along with any additional charges, fees and/or penalties billed to the credit card on file.
Billing and Refunds
In agreeing to receive service from The Maid Crew, as witnessed by your subsequent request for service, you do so with the understanding (i) that whether receiving service at a flat-fixed rate or “by the man-hour”, all rates and pricing structures established by The Maid Crew shall be viewed and billed as simply “time & labor”; and (ii) that once “time & labor” has been extended to you that neither discounts, credits nor refunds shall be available to you from either The Maid Crew or the financial institution through which you have provided payment; and (iii) that you authorize and acknowledge The Maid Crew right to charge your account and credit card any and all applicable fees, fines and penalties as allowed for during the servicing of your account.
Denial of Payment, Charge-Backs and Late Fees
Clients whose check has been returned for insufficient funds, who stop payment on a check, or who have denied payment to The Maid Crew by means of an intentional charge-back to their credit card, will be assessed a $50 “denial-of-payment” fee in addition to all applicable late payment penalties, interest, administrative and collection costs. Late payment penalties are as follows: $15 for account balances carried seven days beyond the date of service, $25 additional if carried thirty days beyond date of service; For Corporate Clients requiring invoicing: 10% on all account balances not paid in full thirty days beyond original date of invoicing.
Irrespective of any personal, financial or service-related issues which may prompt you to terminate or temporarily suspend services provided by The Maid Crew, payment of all monies owed by you to The Maid Crew for time & labor previously rendered will still be required, with all terms and conditions remaining in full effect until all account balances have been paid in full. Withholding of any monies owed by you to The Maid Crew shall be met with all applicable fees, penalties, fines and court action as allowed and governed by the terms and conditions of this agreement, with you bearing the full financial responsibility for all of The Maid Crew’s court, attorney(s), administration, collection and/or arbitration costs.